Last Thursday, I was in a bit of a fluster because it took me longer than usual to get home. It rained cats and dogs a couple hours before which meant that the roads were wet and slippery, and drivers were being extra careful on the roads which naturally led to crazy traffic. I was also trying to get home ASAP because mum was heading out for an appointment and I had to be home to care for Elliott.
Just as I turned into our street, this amazing sight greeted me.
A gorgeous half rainbow. This photo does not do it justice. It was glorious in real life. So glorious that I momentarily forgot that I was rushing. I got out of the car and stood there just staring and taking in nature’s beauty.
It made me smile, and this beautiful sight reminded me that I have many things to be thankful for. For the many good things in my life.
- For Elliott;
- For Elliott being a (generally) healthy and happy kid;
- For the boy who tries to be a good husband and father;
- For a selfless mum who places us above all else;
- For a sister who loves and adores her nephew;
- For wonderful girlfriends who think of me and drop me random messages just to say “Hey”;
- For the home cooked meals I get almost everyday;
- For a job that allows me to leave on the dot so that I can be home with my child (and dog) for evening walks at the park;
- For having a car at my disposal so that I don’t need to squeeze with the masses on public transport;
- For living in a country where I can safely leave the gate wide open and park my car on public streets.
What are you thankful for?