Earlier this evening, mum asked if we wanted to go check out Ng Ah Sio Bak Kut Teh at Rangoon Road and we said, “Sure!”. We’ve never eaten there but know that it was the place that is associated with Donald Tsang. They used to close after lunch but have since revised their opening hours till 10pm daily (except Mondays when they are closed).
The shop’s renovated so it was a pleasant dining experience. Unfortunately, the shop wasn’t air-conditioned so if you’re there for lunch, you’d probably feel a tad uncomfortable in the midday heat. Then again, mum shared that it’s mad crowded at lunch!
- Soup was piping hot and rather peppery. If you’re not a fan of peppery soup, this is not for you.
- Soup top-up was very prompt.
- Fall-off-the-bone meat
- You char kway was great when paired with the soup
- The salted vegetables were very very soft and not overly salty. Nice.
- Service was almost instantaneous! Before we even had time to pour the black sauce into our saucers, our order arrived. Wow.
- Price was very reasonable. Bill for 5 pax + 1 portion to-go cost $62. Very decently priced for bak cut teh.
- The soup became extremely peppery with every top-up by the enthusiastic service aunty. In fact, it became so peppery, it became unpleasant.
Ng Ah Sio Pork Ribs Soup Eating House
208 Rangoon Road
Tel: 6291 4537